SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – PROCESSES
Senior engineer with experience in the design-execution of multidisciplinary projects in food plant engineering in the field of processes (tanks, pumps, valves, piping, etc.), utilities (kettle, water tower, etc.) chiller, compressor, gas, etc.), and energy (free-heating / free-cooling concept, energy recovery, etc.). The engineer will be called upon to do design and project management, or to do more comprehensive project management, in which case he must supervise the consultants and other professionals who details the projects.
The senior process engineer manager of projects will work alone on certain mandates and in a team with other engineers and designers to complete mandates in sanitary processes and utilities to support packaging, energy and building projects. They will also help other junior and intermediate engineers with design validation and mentoring, as well as help the manager of the process department to develop new standards.
- Meet with clients and develop designs;
- Participate in the development of concepts;
- Make the site surveys required for layout diagrams;
- Select instruments, equipment, suppliers and specialized contractors;
- Opportunity to manage multidisciplinary projects;
- Manage factories with customers;
- Validate data and verify plans.
- Ability to interact directly with clients;
- Natural disposition for teamwork;
- Ability to manage priorities while respecting deadlines;
- Be innovative, autonomous, organized and responsible;
- Excellent communicator.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in food, chemical or mechanical engineering or any other experience deemed relevant;
- Member in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- 10 to 20 years of experience in the industrial and / or engineering consulting field, in plant project management;
- Knowledge of codes and regulations around pressurized and sanitary piping is an asset;
- Experience in the food processing industry is an important asset;
- Good command of various IT tools (MS Office, maintenance software, etc.);
- Bilingualism is required;
- Be available for business travel anywhere in North America (5 to 10% of the time).