PROJECT MANAGER – MECHANIC / PACKAGING
The desired profile is an engineering project manager with experience in the conception and execution of packaging projects in food plant engineering (conveyors, bottling machine, labeller, palletizers, packaging machine, stretch wrapper, machine safety, line flow audit, etc.).
The engineering project manager will work in a team alongside other engineers and designers in order to complete mandates in packaging, energy and in the building sector. They can expect to be called to do overall project management, conception and execution of projects.
- Meet clients and providers to validate needs;
- Report and make recommendations concerning the budget (machines and installation);
- Participate in the elaboration of concepts;
- Make construction site surveys required for layout diagrams;
- Select instruments, equipment and providers;
- Do factory management;
- Validate data and check plans;
- Supervise consultants and other professionals to detail projects.
- Ability to interact directly with clients;
- Naturally predisposed for team work;
- Ability to manage priorities while meeting deadlines;
- Innovative, autonomous, organized and responsible;
- Excellent communicator.
- A bachelor in mechanical engineering or other relevant work experience;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the industrial field and or engineering consulting;
- Experience in plant project management;
- A good mastery of various information technology tools (MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, etc.);
- Available to travel across North America;
- Bilingualism is a must;
- Knowledge of the food industry, HACCP and ISO standards is an asset.